1. Download iDventure App
2. Enter Game ID 20234 in the App and download the game
3. Game Materials (prep time 30 min)
Note: all materials to be printed with identical printer settings
3.1 Album pages
Download, print and cut out game album pages. We recommend printing it on both sides of the paper for better game experience. Please choose the option of flipping pages on the short edge. Please also set minimum margin
Download Sherlock’s album
Download, print (one sided) and cut out materials. For all levels except level 1 there are envelopes and corresponding materials to be enclosed to the envelopes.
Please follow the instructions on the first page of the document.
Download Sherlock’s materials
Check this only if you’re blocked and used all tips!!
+ Level 1
- In the first message there are errors in the typewriter: letters are jumping 2 steps to the right. E=>T, D=>G etc. The decrypted sentence will be: “If you decide to find me, simply start with name of my wife. Our house will help you“
- On the house there is an encrypted message which should lead to the name of the house mistress. Symbols are similar to the those, which are present in the park. As listed on the plan page park is actually a SUDOKU puzzle
- Park SUDOKU puzzle contained of 6 elements: these should be unique in each diagonal, circle, and segment
- Once all elements are filled in by using sudoku concept, park will contain symbols as shown below and the message on the house can be read as: ?ELENA. Still the first letter is missing
- First letter can be derived by matching the address specified in the question of Level 1 and the one on the house plan: Belford Avenue 145/m. Therefore the last missing (first) letter is ‘M’ and the name is MELENA
+ Level 2
- In the first step vinyl record needs to be assembled to read the inscription
- Each music note represents letter, conversion between notes and letters can be discovered looking to the combination of notes/letters in the Opera sheet and Cryptology book. The rule to find a letter corresponding to the note is based on:
- Location of the note on the note sheet: each horizontal line in the notes sheet represents horizontal line in the Cryptology book
- Number of lines in the note: each vertical line in the note represents vertical line in the Cryptology book
- Treble clef represents beginning of the sentence
- inscription on the vinyl will read as: DUMAS
- On the book shelf there 4 books of Dumas with numbers: 1846. To be noted: book with number 6 is flipped over and shown as 9
- Now time to move one page back as pointed in song lyrics and hand sign. On this page there is a list of adventure books and torn pages from these books. Number (year) from the Dumas’ books will lead to one of his works: Prisoner of Chateau d’if. There is one page with prisoner and in the text name is Edmond
+ Level 3
- First step is to assemble origami which will get form of ship with the name of the ship on lifebuoy. Part of the name is missing but can be found on the photo. Once bringing both pieces together it’s possible to read beginning of the ship name: HMS * ATHE …
- In the award list there are several ships with matching ship name and the right person can be discovered by matching location of the battle. As written on photo its Edmond’s first medal and the Photographer is from Crimea.
- Looking to the map there is only one city in Crimea where there was a battle, the city is Sebastobol
- Now bringing all data together:
- Ship name: HMS*Athe
- Battle name: Sebastopol (short code Sl)
- Sailor name: Edmond (starts with E)
There is only one combination on award list which leads to the entry with family name: Redford
+ Level 4
- Input materials lead to the page with sundial cannon and “Gold Rush” inscription leads to the news paper with gold rush articles, and the target is to understand to which destination Edmond traveled
- On the sundial cannon page there is formula how to calculate the time setting the cannon in certain degree in the sundial clock, formula components are as following:
- Weight of top cannonball
- Three out of four components can be taken for the newspaper. But first the date needs to be chosen between 23rd and 24th of June. Looking back to initial letter from level 1 – it was written on 23rd June and it was stated that Edmond will leave the country tomorrow. Therefore the date to select wind value is 24thJune and the value is 11. Value of sunrise and sunset is taken from Yoga ad. Values are respectively: 6 and 8
- The remaining value in the formula is cannonball weight. This can be selected from the cannonball pyramid. Cannonballs are stacked in such a way that the weight of top ball equals to the sum of four balls supporting it. This formula will bring to the solution of top ball is equal to 71
- Now we have all components of the formula and angle α equals: 11 + 71 – (6+8)/2 = 75 °. Rotating canon to this position on the sundial clock will point to 2 o’clock.
- In the last step using time (2 o’clock and date June 24th) from the ship schedule we can find that destination was Perth
+ Level 5
- In the level 5 it’s required to find final destination of Edmond’s travel. To find this it’s required to use a barometer as a location decoding station. Barometer works by setting gears in the right position, rotating and getting a coordinate. One coordinate -30.7776 is already given and the name of the city finishing with ORLIE
- As written in the description of the location decoding station for Great Britain correction of 7°5’6″ which corresponds to the number of star beams on gears, therefore they needs to be set on the barometer in the similar order: 7,5,6.
- The next step is to find a KEY which needs be set on the gears from right to left as shown on the instructions
- In order to find this key Milky Way on the stars map needs to be used. Looking closely to the starts on the Milky Way you can discover constellations in form of letters. Whole sentence on the Milky Way will be read: The key is sun
- SUN is a key and it needs to be set on the gears
- Now it’s required to rotate right gear to the right as shown on the barometer. Number of times to rotate the gear defined in the inscription “Rotatee Rightt“. As highlighted there is an error in the inscription while 2 letters are doubled. So it’s necessary to rotate right gear 2 times. As all gears are connected it will trigger rotation of middle gear to the left, and left gear to the right. Result will give following coordinates: 121.5056
- Now entering two coordinates (-30.7776, 121.5056) on the map in the iDventure app or in google maps will bring to the Australian city Kalgoorlie
+ Level 6
- As described in the encyclopedia there are hypothesis connecting colors on the masks with compatible elements, those elements represented on the map as regions (tribes) in Australia while compatible tribes (elements) are having border between them. So looking to the example from encyclopedia it can be concluded that
- Color of the eyes represents color of the region/tribe/element
- Other colors on the mask represent colors of other regions which are having border with this element or in other words – elements compatible with the current element
- The next step is to find location of each mask following rule above. There is image of the mask discovered in the room and this mask belongs to Western Australia as known from the previous level. First step is to start with a mask with only light blue color, which means it’s having only one border. There is only one such region and it’s Tasmania. Following same rule all other mask can be placed on the map.
- Following this logic it’s discovered that color of the eyes of the mask which is found in the room and belongs to Western Australia is pink. This color is present in the symbol of elements and belongs to Night. The element which is incompatible with night and can trigger poison activation is Sun or Light.
By this case is solved: The reason for the nightmares and the death of Melena was a poison activated when mask was exposed to the light.